- How do I use library X in my projects?
- Why would I choose framework A vs framework B?
- What emerging technologies should I being paying attention to?
- What are the best practices when doing X?
- What are my options when building X? What should I be thinking about?
But don’t let this list trip you up. We want you to write about whatever you’re really interested in because that will come through in your writing.
Here’s how the process goes…
- Send us an email with your idea. We may discuss this with you a bit and approve once we have a topic everyone feels happy with.
- Send an outline of the article. It doesn’t have to be formal and super-detailed. We’ll either approve this or work with you to further develop it.
- Once the outline is approved, you write the article and submit it to us.
- We’ll do editing on the article and give you a chance to review before publication.
- If everyone is happy, we publish!
- Write in your own voice — use a friendly and conversational tone.
- Keep things positive. We never publish content with a cynical or sarcastic tone.
If you’ve got an idea and you’re ready to get started, send John an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to hearing about your article!